Yoga for Deviated Nasal Septum
What Deviated Nasal Septum?
• The wall part between your nostrils is called your nasal septum.
The septum is made up of bone and cartilage. When this cartilage or bone is off-Center (deviated to one side), it is called a deviated nasal septum.
Symptoms of Deviated Nasal Septum:-
• You may find difficulty in breathing through the nose.
• Nasal congestion, usually one side more than the other
• Recurrent sinus infections
• Sleep problems, such as contributing to loud snoring or sleep apnea.
• A headache postnasal drip.
Statistics of Deviated Nasal Septum:-
• About 70 to 80 percent of people have a septal deviation that's noticeable to an examiner.
• In many people, the condition doesn't cause symptoms, or symptoms are minor, and no treatment is required.
• A deviated septum that is moderate to severe can result in nasal obstruction.
• Estimates suggest that roughly eight out of ten people have a deviated septum.
Yoga For Deviated Nasal Septum:-
• Due to this asana Blood circulatory system, respiratory system, and digestive system will be vivified.
• While practicing this yoga pose more blood flows into the throat, thyroid gland will be invigorated.
• With the help of this asana, Hair loss and premature graying of hair are controlled.
• It improves the functions of the eyes and nasal regions of the body.
• It helps to clear the nasal area that ensures the smooth flow of air.
• The practitioner develops a beautiful and sonorous voice. It helps to solve many voice-related problems.
• This asana is said to remove defects of the throat, nose, mouth, and ears.
• Steady breathing in this position helps the chest and the abdomen.
3. The Breath of Fire:-
• This yoga breathing technique is quite useful and efficient.
• It has been used for generating heat and purifies the body.
• For this, you have to breathe out completely by removing all the air from the lungs.
• Now draw small breaths at once snapping it drop out with your abdominal muscles.
• Repeat this process for 20 times for useful results.
What Food to eat if you have Deviated Nasal Septum?
• Chili peppers
• Tart cherries
• Green leafy vegetables
• kidney beans
So these are the food to eat and yoga asanas to do while suffering from a Deviated Nasal Septum.