Yoga for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
What is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
• Any condition that causes swelling in the tissue within the carpal tunnel can squeeze, and it also irritates the median nerve of the hand.
• Irritation of the median nerve in this manner causes tingling and numbness of the thumb, index, and the middle fingers a condition known as "carpal tunnel syndrome."
Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• Cramping and weakness of the hand
• Decreased grip strength
• sharp shooting pains can felt in the forearm
Statistics of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:-
• It is a common condition that occurs in 2.7% of the general population.
• This disease is more common in women than in men, and the average age of people with CTS is 40–50 years.
Yoga For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:-
1. Warrior II Pose:-
• Strengthens and stretches the legs and ankles
• Stretches the groins, chest and lungs, shoulders
• Stimulates abdominal organs
• Increases stamina
• It Relieves from backaches, primarily through the second trimester of pregnancy
• Therapeutic for carpal tunnel syndrome, flat feet, infertility, osteoporosis, and sciatica
2. Salutation Seal:-
• It Reduces stress and anxiety.
• It Calms the brain.
• It Creates flexibility in the hands, fingers, wrists, and arms.
• It Opens the heart.
What Food to eat if you are suffering from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
• Red Bell Peppers
So these are the foods to eat and yoga asanas to do while suffering from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.