Yoga For Hormonal Imbalance
What is Hormonal Imbalance?
Hormones are your body’s chemical messengers. It produced in the endocrine glands; these potent chemicals travel around your bloodstream telling tissues and organs what to do. They help control many of your body’s major processes, including metabolism and reproduction.
When you have a hormonal imbalance, you have too much or too little of a specific hormone. Even tiny changes can have severe effects throughout your whole body.
Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalance:-
• Weight gain
• Increased sensitivity to cold or heat
• Constipation or more frequent bowel movements
• Dry skin
• Puffy face
• Unexplained weight loss (sometimes sudden)
• Increased or decreased heart rate
• Muscle weakness
• Frequent urination
• Increased thirst
• Muscle aches, tenderness, and stiffness
• Pain, stiffness, or swelling in your joints
• Thinning hair or fine, brittle hair
• Increased hunger
• Decreased sex drive
• Nervousness, anxiety, or irritability
• Blurred vision
• A fatty hump between the shoulders
• Rounded face
• Purple or pink stretch marks
Statistics of Hormonal Imbalance:-
• From various research, we found a hormonal imbalance in 80 % of women which is a mix of physical and mental health challenges due to low estrogen and progesterone levels (female sex hormones), among many others.
Yoga For Hormonal Imbalance:-
1. Inverted Poses
• One way to prevent hormones from turning our world upside down is physically turning ourselves that way.
• Headstand, Handstand, Shoulderstand or any pose with a direct reversal of the toes to the head is particularly beneficial for your thyroid, heart, and lungs.
• One of the most highly regarded poses for balancing your hormones is the headstand.
2. Seated Cross-Legged Poses:-
• Easy pose, Lotus or any posture that requires you to sit comfortably in a cross-legged position targets explicitly the adrenal gland, calming, soothing and even lessening depression.
3. Forward Bending Poses:-
• Downward Facing Dog, Extended Puppy pose, Standing and Seated Forward Fold and Child’s pose are forward bending poses that not only alleviate stress, anxiety, and fatigue, but they can restore hormone levels.
• Forward bending poses are known to maintain your blood sugar level and perk up your pancreas, kidneys, thyroid, and thymus.
4. Salutation Seal:-
• It is also known as Anjali mudra in which the salutation seal initiates the state of a calm and peaceful mind.
• It gives a boost to your pineal gland which secretes the hormone melatonin and pituitary gland.
What food to eat if you have hormonal Imbalance?
• Fatty fish
• Soy proteins
• Cruciferous vegetables
• B vitamins
So these are the food to eat and yoga asanas to while suffering from hormonal imbalance.