YOGA FOR KIDNEY FAILURE
What is Kidney Failure?
Kidney failure occurs when your kidneys not able to filter waste from your blood sufficiently. Many factors can interfere with your kidney health and function, such as Toxic exposure to environmental pollutants or certain medications, Certain acute and chronic diseases, Severe dehydration and Kidney trauma.
There are different types of symptoms can occur during kidney failure. Primary symptoms include: a reduced amount of urine, swelling of your legs, ankles, and feet from retention of fluids caused by the failure of your kidneys, unexplained shortness of breath, excessive drowsiness or fatigue, persistent nausea, confusion, pain or pressure in your chest, seizures and coma
• Total 10% of the population worldwide is affected by chronic kidney disease.
• Over 2 million people worldwide currently receive treatment with dialysis or a kidney transplant to stay alive, yet this number may only represent 10% of people who need treatment to live.
• More than 80% of all patients who receive treatment for kidney failure are in affluent countries with universal access to health care.
• The overall prevalence of Chronic Kidney Disease in the general population is approximately 14 %.
• These two diseases High blood pressure and diabetes are the leading causes of kidney failure.
• Almost half of the individuals with chronic kidney disease also have diabetes and self-reported cardiovascular disease (CVD).
• More than 661,000 Americans have kidney failure.
Yoga Asanas for Kidney Failure:-
1. Salamba Bhujangasana (Sphinx Pose):-
• It stretches and strengthens the abdominal organs of the body.
• It also raises the immunity level of the body.
2. Ardha Matsyendrasana (Sitting Half Spinal Twist):-
• The Sitting Half Spinal Twist stimulates the kidneys and liver.
• It also improves the body’s immunity level.
3. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose):-
• It also stimulates the abdominal organs and relieves the body of stress and fatigue.
• It is also known to boost immunity.
4. Paschimottanasana (Two-Legged Forward Bend):-
• This asanas improve digestion and relieve one of menstrual discomfort.
What Food to eat?
• Blue Berries
• Olive Oil
• Bell Peppers
So these are the food to eat and yoga asanas to do if you are suffering from Kidney failure.