YOGA FOR TENNIS ELBOW PAIN
What is Tennis Elbow Pain?
Tennis elbow is a disease in which pain focused on the outside of the arm, where your forearm meets your elbow.
It’s related to a muscle and tendons in your forearm. Ligaments connect your muscles to your bones. When you continuously use your arm in a repetitive motion, the tendons at the elbow end of a particular tissue the extensor carpi radialis brevis (ECRB) muscle may develop small tears.
The tears lead to inflammation and may put stress on the rest of your arm, making it painful to lift and grip things
A most common symptom of tennis elbow is a pain on the outside of the elbow. Over time from a few weeks to a few months, the ache turns into chronic pain. The exterior of your elbow may become too painful to touch.
• It is a common disease that typically affects middle-aged (40 to 60 years of age) adults.
• Only 1 in 20 tennis players gets tennis elbow.
• Tennis elbow affects more than 3% of the population, particularly adults between 30 and 50 years of age.
Yoga Asanas for Tennis Elbow Pain:-
1. Cow Face Pose:-
• This yoga pose will help to stretch your elbows and wrists, and also increase the circulation of oxygen to the elbow area.
• It will strengthen and stretch the muscles around your elbow and ease the pain, as well as heal the condition.
2. Extended Triangle Pose:-
• This yoga pose will help to stretch your elbows and wrists as well as gently bring down the pain.
3. Half Cobra Yoga Pose:-
• This particular yoga pose will help to ease the pain from the tennis elbow.
What Food to eat?
• Dark leafy greens
• Dairy products.
So these are the food to eat and yoga asanas to do if you are suffering from Tennis Elbow Pain.