YOGA FOR MENSTRUAL CRAMPS
What are Menstrual Cramps?
Menstrual cramps are one of the common parts of your period. They can strike during that time of the month. Many women get them routinely.
You’ll feel these menstrual cramps in your lower belly or back. You may experience pain from mild to severe. They usually happen for the first time a year or two after a girl first gets her period. With age, they typically become less painful and may stop entirely after you have your first baby.
Your doctor may call your cramps “dysmenorrhea.”
The Symptoms you may have are an Aching pain in your belly (sometimes severe), Feeling of pressure in your stomach, Pain in the hips, lower back, and inner thighs
• It is one of the most common problems among young women, affecting approximately 40-70% of women of reproductive age, with 10% of women describing severe symptoms.
Yoga Asanas For Menstrual Cramps
1. Child’s Pose:-
• Child’s pose is the go-to resting pose in most active yoga classes.
• With many benefits, a pose is an excellent option for those suffering from menstrual pain originating in the back.
• Child’s pose will soothe back aches while also quieting the mind.
2. Forward Fold:-
• Standing Forward Fold pose lengthens the spine and stretches the hips.
• It also helps ease the pain that radiates down the legs and around the back by stretching the hamstrings, calves, and back.
• Although our bodies are exhausted when menstruating, it’s important to stand up (and bend over) after sitting or lying for long periods of time.
• Your body will thank you for getting the circulation moving!
3. Knees-to-Chest Pose:-
• It is the most effective poses for menstrual cramps is the Knees-to-Chest pose.
• This feel-good posture relaxes the lower back and abdominal muscles, relieving tension and reducing pain.
• The knees-to-chest pose also increases circulation to the abdomen, aids the internal organs, softens the mind, and reduces anxiety.
• The final resting pose that usually denotes completion of a yoga class is Savasana, also known as Corpse Pose.
• This simple supine posture requires minimal effort but reaps a handful of benefits.
What Food to eat?
• Dark Chocolate
So these are the foods to eat and yoga asana to do if you are suffering from menstrual cramps.