YOGA FOR LACTOSE INTOLERANCE
What is Lactose Intolerance?
In Lactose intolerance you are not able to digest the lactose sugar found in milk and other dairy products.
Our bodies aren’t able to absorb this sugar, so we need our small intestines to provide an enzyme which is called lactase, which breaks lactose down for us. When our bodies don’t produce enough lactase, we are said to be lactose intolerant.
Symptoms of lactose intolerance after eating dairy or a product containing dairy and include Bloating, Pain in the lower belly, Gurgling sounds in your stomach, Gas, Loose stools or diarrhea and Vomiting.
• One estimate puts the average at 75% of the global population.
• Rates of lactose intolerance vary between regions, from less than 10% in Northern Europe to as high as 95% in parts of Asia and Africa.
• Onset is typically in late childhood or early adulthood.
• Lactose Intolerance suffers about 5 %, an estimated about 8 to 20 % people suffer from that.
• While 82% of people in southern states were affected, 66% north Indians complained of the problem.
• Approximately 65 percent of the human population has a reduced ability to digest lactose after infancy.
Yoga Asanas For Lactose Intolerance:-
1. Boat Pose (Navasana) :-
• This pose elevates the diaphragm and relieves stomach and liver pressure by allowing air to flow through the abdomen from lactose intolerance.
• Also, by engaging core and back muscles, the abdominal area can digest more easily.
2. Bow Pose (Dhanurasana):-
• Bow pose opens up the abdominal area and lengthens the torso region, which helps the digestive system to digest.
3. Bridge Pose ( Setu Bandhasana):-
• This pose stretches the abdominal area allowing for efficient digestion as it aligns the digestive organs in optimal positions.
4. Camel Pose (Ustrasana) :-
• This pose boosts the digestion process by elongating the torso which wakes up the digestion process.
• It also allows for a decrease in heartburn symptoms.
What Food to eat:-
• Lactose-Free Dairy
• Greek Yogurt
• Black beans
• Soy milk
So these are the food to eat and yoga asanas to do if you are suffering from lactose intolerance.