YOGA FOR DEAFNESS
What is Deafness?
Deafness refers to the total or partial inability to listen to sounds.
Symptoms may be mild, moderate, severe, or profound. Some people severely have deafness and depend on lip-reading to communicate with others.
• According to the World Health Organization (WHO), over 5% of the world's population suffers from disabling hearing loss.
• Five percent may seem like a small number, but that totals over 360 million people across the globe.
Source: - WHO
Yoga Asanas for Deafness:-
1. Bhramari Pranayama :-
• The exercises or asanas for breathing called Pranayama; there are different Pranayama asanas, the Bhramari Pranayama or the Bee Breath is recommended for better hearing power.
• The word Bhramari derived from the Hindi word Bhramar or Bhavra which means a Honey Bee.
• This exercise is mainly for the Ear, Nose, and Throat.
• The exhaling of air produces an echo in the ears and also resonates the skull and stimulates the hair cells.
• Due to age, there is a reduction in the blood supply to the head and the parts of the Ear.
• Though Shirshana or Headstand and Sarvangasana or shoulder stand are considered the best exercises for improved blood flow to the head and ear, the Matsyasana is relatively easy to perform.
3. Shunya Mudra:-
• Besides Asanas, Mudras (hand gestures) are also an essential part of the Yogic healing process.
• The Shunya Mudra interpreted as Zero or Sky in Sanskrit is also known as Akash Mudra, this Mudra deals with space within.
What Food to eat?
• Dark Chocolates
So these are the food to eat and yoga asanas to do if you have deafness problem.