YOGA FOR LUPUS
What is Lupus?
Lupus is an inflammatory disease that decreases the efficiency of the immune system while attacking healthy tissues and organs of the body. Lupus inflammation can severely damage the body. It usually affects skin, kidneys, heart, lungs, brain and the joints. Yoga is an effective home remedy for lupus, and it helps people relieve chronic pain.
The symptoms of lupus are quite diverse. Symptoms usually associated with lupus include Fatigue, Fever, Memory loss, Confusion, Swelling, Stiffness, Chest Pain, A headache, Dry/Irritable eyes, Enlarged lymph nodes and Joint pain.
• According to “The Lupus Foundation of America” estimates that there are 1.5 million Americans suffered, and at least five million people worldwide, have a form of lupus.
• Lupus strikes mostly women of childbearing age.
• So based on available data on incidence is 16,000 new cases per year.
Source: - https://resources.lupus.org
Yoga Asanas for Lupus:-
1. Viparita Karani:-
• It is a great pose for improving blood circulation, and people with lupus problems usually perform this pose quite often.
2. Mountain Pose (Tadasana):-
• It is one of the popular yoga poses to exist.
• The mountain pose or the Tadasana has many benefits, and it is quite helpful in relieving inflammation and pain caused by lupus.
3. Camel Pose (Ustrasana):-
• Camel Pose or the Ustrasana is a great remedial exercise for lupus.
• Camel pose helps relieve congestion, and also helps people overcome rheumatic pain.
What Food to eat?
• Low-fat milk
So these are the foods to eat and yoga asanas to do if you have Lupus. And get relief from Lupus and its associated symptoms today.