YOGA FOR DISABILITY
What is Disability?
A disability defined as a condition to be significantly impaired relative to the usual standard of an individual or group. The term also refers to individual functioning, including physical impairment, sensory impairment, cognitive impairment, intellectual impairment mental illness, and various types of chronic disease.
The category of disability includes people with varying types of physical disabilities including Upper limb(s) disability, Lower limb(s) disability, Manual dexterity and Disability in co-ordination with different organs of the body.
• One billion people or 15% of the world's population are experiencing some form of disability, and disability prevalence are higher in developing countries.
• 1/5 of the estimated global total, or between 110 million and 190 million people, experience significant disabilities.
Source: - https://www.worldbank.org/
Yoga Asanas for Disability:-
1. Increased Flexibility:-
• Yoga techniques, if done correctly can be done on a regular basis can lead to increased flexibility of your body.
• The techniques will make your body more flexible to allow you to achieve what you are looking for.
2. Yoga and Meditation:-
• These two disciplines used in conjunction with each other can provide you with inner healing.
• Both these yoga techniques are helpful to release stress, anxiety and also to allow you to relax.
3. Massaging of all body parts:-
• With differing Yoga techniques, you can massage all of your body parts.
• Yoga is the only technique which used that will reach your internal organs and allow them to get more benefit.
4. Toning of Muscles:-
• Many people use yoga techniques to tone up their muscles.
• A lot of bodybuilders and athletes use these techniques along with their daily routine to tone the muscles.
5. Increased Lubrication of all joints, ligaments, and tendons:-
• It helps tremendously as all joints, tendons, and ligaments work at a higher level if they provided with more lubrication.
• The power of yoga helps to improve the quality of life for a person dealing with any disability
• Although yoga has been popular with adults for many years, only recently have kid’s yoga classes began to make their presence felt.
What Food to eat?
So these are the food to eat and yoga asanas to do if you are dealing with disabilities.