Yoga for Jaundice
What is Jaundice?
Jaundice used to describe a yellowish fever that affects the skin and the whites of the eye. Body fluids may also be yellow. Jaundice can happen to people of all ages and is usually the result of an underlying condition. Jaundice indicates a problem with the liver or bile duct typically.
Fast facts on jaundice:-
· Jaundice caused by a buildup of bilirubin, a waste material, in the blood.
· An inflamed liver or obstructed bile duct can lead to jaundice, as well as other underlying conditions.
· Symptoms include a yellow tinge to the skin and whites of the eyes, dark urine, and itchiness.
· Diagnosis of jaundice can involve a range of tests.
· Jaundice treated by managing the underlying cause.
Symptoms of Jaundice:-
· A yellow tinge to the skin and the whites of the eyes.
· pale stools
· dark urine
· abdominal pain
· weight loss
· pale stools
· dark urine
Current Scenario of Jaundice:-
· Jaundice also called Yellow fever is an acute viral hemorrhagic disease transmitted by infected mosquitoes.
· A small proportion of patients who contract the virus develop severe symptoms and approximately half of those die within 7 to 10 days.
· The vaccine provides active immunity within 30 days for 99% of persons vaccinated.
· By 2026, it is expected that more than 1 billion people will be protected against the disease.
· The risk is higher for people over 60 years of age and anyone with severe immunodeficiency due to symptomatic HIV/AIDS or other causes
· Around 150 million people have Jaundice worldwide.
Yoga For Jaundice:-
1. Kapalbhati Pranayama:
· Pranayama is a breathing exercise that is known for boosting the liver health of those who suffer from liver cirrhosis, jaundice, hepatitis and other diseases.
· Kapalbhati Pranayama, also known as the Yoga Skull Shining Breathing Exercise, is a yoga exercise that aids in liver stimulation and treats a variety of liver problems efficiently.
· It also helps in the functionality of the spleen.
2. Ardha Matsyendrasana:-
· This is a pose that is also known as the King of the Fish Pose.
· It is known to be highly beneficial for the liver.
· It helps in putting pressure on the liver, which in turn strengthens and stimulates the liver that is damaged by fibrosis, apoptosis, inflammation, and stress.
· It is known as the Bow Pose in other words.
· It is an asana that works wonders for people who suffer from the fatty liver disease. It stimulates, strengthens and stretches the liver, and the fat deposits in it are used up as an energy source for the body.
What to eat during Jaundice?
· Coffee or herbal tea.
· Digestive enzymes.
· Fruits and vegetables.
So these yoga asanas to do and food to eat while suffering from Jaundice.