Headache is among the most common medical illness in today’s time. The majority of them are not life threatening.
· Roast some caraway seeds dry. Tie in a soft handkerchief or muslin cloth and sniff to get a relief from headaches.
· Add 2 teaspoons of powdered cinnamon to 1 ½ cup of milk and boil it for one or two minutes.
· Add a teaspoon of honey, mix and stir it thoroughly and drink it at least twice a day when suffering from a headache.
· Eating a chopped apple sprinkled with salt every morning for at least a week will help cure chronic headaches.
· Head massage with rosemary oil or a pain balm that contains menthol is an effective way to ease migraine pain.
· Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and can be used to treat headaches.
· Add tea leaves and ginger to 1 cup of boiling water.
· Stir it well and drain the water. Leave till it cools a bit and drink.
· Peppermint oil is a soothing remedy for curing headaches and migraines. This fresh smelling oil helps regulate blood flow in the body.
· Lavender oil is a useful home remedy for headaches and migraines.
· The oil can be either inhaled or applied on your head. For inhaling, add 2-4 drops of lavender oil to 3 cups of boiling water and inhale the oil vapours.
· Basil is a strong-scented herb used for natural headache treatment.
· The oil works as a muscle relaxant and is helpful for headaches caused by tension and tight muscles.
· Food items like chocolate, sour cream, nuts, peanut butter and caffeinated beverages like coffee, cola can trigger headaches. Avoid them if they give you a headache.
· Mix ½ cup of apple cider vinegar with ½ cup of water. Boil the mixture in a covered saucepan. When it boils, remove from heat and leave for a minute. Lift the cover and slowly inhale the steam through your nose. This will provide instant relief from sinus headaches.
· Make a warm soup and add some pepper in it. Warm soup will help you to get rid of nasal blockage and will cure headaches.
· Fatigue and lack of sleep can contribute to headaches during pregnancy. Make sure you get enough sleep during pregnancy.
· Drink plenty of water daily, as it is important to stay hydrated especially when you are pregnant as dehydration can be a big cause of headache.
· Apply a hot or cold compress to your forehead and neck to get instant relief from headache.
· Physical activity like exercising and daily walk can help prevent headaches during pregnancy.
· Eat small regular meals and make sure that you are eating healthy organic food throughout the day. This will keep your blood sugar on an even level, which can prevent headaches.
· Make sure that your kid is getting enough sleep as sleeping often resolves headache in children.
· Give your child water, juice and other beverages that do not contain caffeine. This may help the headache go away faster.