Yoga for Healing Anemia
What is anemia?
Anemia is one type of blood disorder which occurs when there is not enough hemoglobin in a body. Hemoglobin is a substance in the red blood cells that help the blood to transfer oxygen through the body. When a person develops anemia, he or she is said to be "anemic."
Each type of anemia results from one of these factors:
• The body cannot make enough hemoglobin
• The body produces hemoglobin, but the hemoglobin doesn't work right
• The body does not make enough red blood cells
• The body breaks down red blood cells too fast
Who is most likely to develop iron-deficiency anemia?
Anyone can develop iron-deficiency anemia, although the following groups have a higher risk:-
• Women: There will be blood loss during monthly periods and childbirth can lead to anemia.
• Children, ages 1 to 2: The body needs more iron during growth spurts.
• Infants: Infants got less iron when they weaned from breast milk or formula to solid food. Iron from solid food is not quicly taken up by the body.
• People over 65: People over 65 are more likely to have iron-poor diets.
What are the symptoms of anemia?
The primary symptoms of anemia include the following:
• Feeling tired
• Difficulty breathing
• A Headache
• Feeling cold
Current Scenario of Anameia
• In India, more than half (51%) of all women of reproductive age have anaemia, whereas more than one in five (22%) of adult women are overweight.
• According toGlobal Nutrition Report 2017 place India at the bottom of the table with maximum number of women impacted with anaemia in the world, followed by China, Pakistan, Nigeria and Indonesia.
• Globally, 614 million women aged 15-49 years were affected by anaemia.
• In India, latest figures show that 38% of children under-5 are affected by stunting and 21% of under-5s are defined as 'wasted' or 'severely wasted', meaning they do not weigh enough for their height.
Source :- TOI
Yoga For Healing Anemia:-
1. Sarvangasana :-
• The Shoulder Stand is one of the best yoga asanas or poses that you can practice to stimulate and rejuvenate your entire body.
• It helps to build up strength and power, as well as improve posture in the back, chest and shoulders.
• It strengthens the lower back in particular.
• It also helps to reduce stress and tension in the shoulders and neck.
• Mobility and flexibility is also greatly improved in the region by way of practicing this pose.
2. Shavasana :-
• Shavasana literally means "corpse pose". The goal of this asana is to let go of everything as if you were dead.
• Through conscious relaxation and awareness, it makes you sensitive to the tension in your mind and body and release.
• It is considered by some, the most important yogasana.
• And even though it appears extraordinarily simple, once you actually get into it you’ll come to realize how easy or difficult it actually is.
3. Meditation: -
• Anything you feel comfortable with. But anything to get your mind off your condition.
• By the way, heres a diet you might want to follow. Like I said, it helped me lotsa.
• Having plenty of iron in your diet, is the best way to overcome anemia.
• Lotsa foods have iron but many are not well absorbed as much as spinach, for instance.
What food to eat in anemia ?
3. Peanut Butter
6. Soy Beans
7. Whole Grain Bread
11. Apple And Dates
So these are the foods to eat and yoga asanas helps in healing anemia.