Yoga For Diarrhea
What is diarrhea?
Diarrhea is a bowel movement that is more liquid than reliable or has a loose texture. It is a common problem and may occur a couple of times each year. Diarrhea will usually last no more than three days.
Symptoms of Diarrhea:-
• Cramps in the body
• Abdominal pain occurs
• A bubble type feeling in the intestinal gland.
• To have a bowel movement
What Causes Diarrhea?
• An infection causes most cases of diarrhea in the intestinal gland.
• The microbes which are responsible include Bacteria, Viruses, Parasitic organisms.
• Sometimes chronic diarrhea is called "functional" because a precise cause cannot found.
• IBS is a complex of symptoms. T
• There is cramping occurs on the inside part of the body and altered bowel habits, including diarrhea, constipation, or both.
• Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is another cause of chronic diarrhea.
Current Scenario of Diarrhea
• India is one of the world’s highest rate of child mortality due to diarrhea in 2017, a new study has found in the medical journal Lancet.
• The highest rates of under-five mortality due to diarrhea were in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia, with India and Nigeria combined registering 42% of the 4,99,000 global under-five deaths due to diarrhea in 2017, according to medical journal Lancet.
• The report also found that mortality from diarrhoeal disease is dropping faster in India compared to globally.
• While overall diarrhea deaths in children under the age of five dropped by 34.3% globally between 2005 and 2017, in India the rate of reduction was at 43.2%.
• The number of under-five deaths in India declined from 3.33 million in 1990 to 1.34 million in 2016.
• Diarrhea is the third leading cause of childhood mortality in India and is responsible for 13% of all deaths/year in children under five years of age.
Yoga Poses For Diarrhea:-
1. Parighasana (Gate Pose):-
• Parighasana stimulates your abdominal organs and stretches the sides of your torso.
• It boosts your breathing capacity and aids digestion.
• It also builds your core strength and eliminates the wastes from your body.
2. Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half-Seated Spinal Twist):-
• Ardha Matsyendrasana opens your chest and increases the air supply to your lungs.
• It cleanses your internal organs by removing toxins from them. It stimulates your kidneys and eliminates fatigue.
• The pose stimulates the digestive power of your stomach and increases your appetite.
3. Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby Pose):-
• Ananda Balasana calms your brain and relieves stress and pain.
• It stretches and soothes your spine and releases the tension trapped in your back.
• It compresses your stomach and massages the internal organs of your digestive system.
4. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose):-
• Dhanurasana is good stress and fatigue buster.
• It relieves constipation and helps with kidney disorders.
• It improves blood circulation and cures obesity.
• Dhanurasana enhances the function of your intestines, improves digestion, and increases appetite.
What food to eat in Diarrhea
• Hot cereals, such as oatmeal, cream of wheat, or rice porridge
• Plain white rice
• Bread or toast
• Boiled potatoes
• Unseasoned crackers
So these are the asanas to do and food to eat while suffering from Diarrhea also knows as “Inflammatory bowel disease.”