Yoga For Varicose
What are varicose veins?
Varicose veins occur when your veins become enlarged, dilated, and overfilled with blood. Varicose veins typically appear swollen and raised, and have a bluish-purple or red color. They are often painful.
The condition is widespread, especially in women. Around 25 percent of all adults have varicose veins. In most cases, varicose veins appear on the lower legs.
Some potential causes of varicose veins include:
• Age over 50
• Standing for long periods of time
• The family history of varicose veins
Various Symptoms of varicose veins are:-
• Highly visible veins on your leg part of your body.
• You will feel pain, swelling, heaviness, and achiness.
• In some cases, you can develop swelling and discoloration.
• In severe cases, the veins can bleed significantly, and ulcers can form.
Current Scenario of varicose veins:-
More than 40 million people in the United States suffer from varicose veins.
Almost 50% of varicose vein patients have a family history of varicose veins.
• If both parents have varicose veins, your chances to develop the disease are close to 90%.
• If one parent is affected, daughters have a 60% chance while sons have a 25% chance of developing the disease.
• The prevalence of varicose veins is higher in women (55%) compared to men (45%)
• It estimated that 41% of women over the age of 50 have varicose veins.
• It estimated that 50% of the US population over 50 years old has varicose veins.
• Women who are moderately overweight (BMI 25-29.9) have a 50% increased risk of developing varicose veins compared to women who are not overweight.
• Women with a BMI greater than 30 are three times as likely to develop varicose veins.
Yoga Poses That Help With Varicose Veins:-
• It is one of the most fundamental yoga asanas, and it helps you achieve the right body alignment.
• As you practice it, it keeps your legs toned. It also strengthens the knees, thighs, and ankles.
• While all your muscles work rigorously to maintain the posture, the stress in your limbs is released, thereby alleviating the pressure.
• This asana enhances the circulation of blood throughout the body.
• It gives your legs a good stretch, especially the thighs and calves, which are the likely spots of varicose veins.
• The regular practice of this asana reduces the pain in the legs.
• When you practice this yoga asana, your legs elevated at a high point.
• Hence, due to this blood and lymph flow upwards in the body.
• The pressure on the veins instantly reduced.
• The few seconds of suspension builds strength and allows you to fight the pain.
• The Shoulder Stand is one type of full body inversion, where your body connects against gravity in the leg.
• The blood circulation in the body is enhanced in the blood lymph and blood drain directly into the heart.
• This asana is very relaxing for the legs.
• All in all, it works exceptionally well in curing varicose veins.
• It is the best yoga poses for varicose veins.
• It works on multiple systems altogether.
• It stretches your both feet and legs and relieves stress and cramps.
• Your legs are relaxed, and the blood flow throughout the body is regulated.
What Food to eat in varicose veins:-
• Eat More Fiber
• Not Too Salty
• Olive Oil
So these are the food and yoga asanas to do to prevent fromVaricose Veins.