Walking – Human’s Best Medicine
Have you ever heard the saying by doctors, “Walking is a man’s best medicine?” Walking combined with good sleep and a healthy diet can help you avoid the doctor altogether.As little as 15-30 minutes of walking every day can drastically improve not only a person’s overall appearance but health as well
Good old walking is a single practice which could significantly benefit the whole body and mind. It’s free, easy and requires little effort.
Here is a list of benefits you can walk yourself into your daily life:-
1. Positive brain changes
• As a study reveals, low impact aerobic exercises, like walking, reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and improve overall mental health.
• Not to mention reducing mental stress and maintaining a higher level of endorphins.
2. Improved eyesight:-
• Even though eyes are the last thing to be connected with the legs, walking benefits their health too.
• It may even help to fight glaucoma which helps in relieving eye pressure.
3. Prevention of heart diseases:-
• According to American Heart Association, walking is beneficial than running when it comes to the prevention of heart-related disease or stroke.
• This activity helps avoid heart problems by lowering high blood pressure and cholesterol levels and improving blood circulation.
4. Increased lung volume:-
• Walking is one type of aerobic exercise which increases oxygen flow into the bloodstream and as well as eliminate toxins and waste.
• Because of better and more in-depth breathing, some symptoms associated with lung disease may also be relieved.
5. Beneficial effects on the pancreas:-
• Walking for exercise is a much more effective tool in preventing diabetes than running.
• This research shows that a group of “walkers” demonstrated improvement in glucose tolerance almost six times greater (i.e., how well blood sugar absorbed by cells) than that of a group of “runners,” over a six month trial period
6. Improved digestion:-
• If you do only30 minutes of walking every day, you can lower the risk of colon cancer in the future.
• It also improves our digestion and constipation by helping to regulate our bowel movements.
7. Toned muscles:-
• Muscle tone and weight loss can also achieve through walking also.
• The practice of walking 10,000 steps a day may count as an actual workout in a gym.
• Additionally, it’s low impact, and there’s no recovery time, which means no sore muscles and regrets for missing tomorrow's workout due to being too painful the next day.
8. Sturdier bones and joints:-
• Walking can provide more joint mobility, prevent loss of bone mass, and also reduce the risk of the fractures.
• According to “The Arthritis Foundation” recommends walking moderately at least 30 minutes a day on a regular basis to reduce pain in your joints.
9. Back pain relief:-
• Walking may become a real life-saver for those who experience back pain during more challenging high- impact exercises.
• Walking helps in better blood circulation within the spinal structures and improves posture and flexibility which is vital for a healthy spine.
10. A calmer mind:-
• Walking improves the depression symptoms in patients with primary depressive disorders.
• A joyful walk with a friend or a loved one will only multiply the happy- effect and improve your mood!