How sunlight is useful for our body?
Sunlight is very useful for reducing the risk of cancer and other serious health condition. Vitamin D is very important for all essential parts of our body.
It is essential for keeping our bones healthy, and for fighting against serious pain related diseases such as osteoporosis, Type II diabetes, multiple sclerosis and many type of cancers.
We should go out in the sun without sunscreen lotion for 5 to 15 minutes a day to boost our vitamin D levels.
Here are the top 15 ways in which the sun helps in protecting your body:-
1. It boost’s you up:-
· Sunshine boost’s levels of sun rays which help to keep our natural hormone happy.
· That is why we tend to feel happier and more energize when the sun shines.
· Regular sun can help in reducing depression, if it is combined with exercise, such as a walk in the park or gym.
· It is also been shown that exercising outdoors creates more energy in the body than exercising indoors.
2. Prevents diabetes:-
· VITAMIN D may help to prevent the onset of diabetes and reduce risk of developing Type I diabetes in young adults
· A deficiency in vitamin D is also thought to contribute to Type II diabetes
3. Beats SAD:-
· SEASONAL Affective Disorder (SAD) or the winter blues is a depression specifically caused by lack of sunlight.
· Light boxes can be used to treat it but the natural sunlight is more beneficial.
· Set time for one hour's walk in the morning during autumn and winter months to beat the seasonal disorder or sit outside for 15 minutes a day in summer.
4. Helps prevent MS:-
· Sclerosis is a disease which is connected to central nervous system which leads to tremors and even paralysis.
· The cause is not known that exposure to sunlight in childhood appears to reduce the risk of developing this disease in future.
· The incidence of sclerosis is lower in sunnier countries.
5. Prevents cavities:-
· The sun rays help to keep your teeth strong.
· It was found the prevalence of cavities was greater in children.
6. Relieves aches and pains:-
· The sun helps to warm the body's muscles and reducing the pain caused by arthritis.
7. Reduces risk of cancers:-
· Although over exposure to the sun increases your chances of skin cancer. Vitamin D provided by sunlight can actually help to reduce your chances of other types of cancer.
· People exposed to high levels of sunlight were significantly less likely to die from breast and colon cancer.
8. Boosts fertility:-
· The sun decreases the levels of the fertility hormone which conceal fertility and increase the chance to conceive in summer.
· Sunlight not only makes you more fertile but it increases the length of your fertility more than a woman who gets less amount of sunlight to reach menopause earlier.
· Sunlight also boosts testosterone levels in men, which makes summer the perfect time for baby-making.
9. Gives you more energy:-
· Sunlight helps us to regulate sleep, so having lower levels of this hormone in your body gives you more up and go.
· This is why you need less sleep in summer but still feel livelier. Being woken by natural light rather than an alarm clock helps you feel more positive.
1O. Eases IBD:-
· People with inflammatory bowel disorders (IBD) generally have low levels of vitamin D in their bodies.
· Sunlight is the best way to boost vitamin D in these cases.
11. Beats period problems:-
· About one out of five women suffer from ovary disease which leads to unusual periods, body hair and infertility.
· Women with premenstrual syndrome are likely to be deficient in vitamin D.
12. Helps skin conditions:-
· Exposure to the sun can help to heal such skin conditions.
· Regular controlled sun exposure is often prescribed for sufferers.
· For minor cases, try to unveil the areas of skin for up to 30 minutes before display on the sunscreen - but make sure you never burn.
13. Boosts your immune system:-
· SUNLIGHT increases the production of blood cells, which help to boost your immune system and fight infection.
14. Helps you lose weight:-
· Higher levels of serotonin in our bodies not only make you feel happy but it also suppresses the appetite and makes you eat in fewer amounts in summer.
· Go out in the sun at least three times a week to boost levels of vitamin D.
Adding a little sunshine to your life by getting outside more can relieve anxiety and reduce depression. If you live in higher latitudes with little sunlight, a light box may provide some mood-boosting benefits. From treating skin conditions to strengthening bones, sunlight has other health benefits as well.