Yoga for Hypertension
What is Hypertension?
Hypertension is another name for high blood pressure. It can lead to severe complications and increases the risk of heart disease, stroke, and death.
Fast facts on hypertension:-
Here are some key points about hypertension. More detail is in the main article:-
• Normal blood pressure is 120 over 80 mm of mercury (mmHg), but hypertension is higher than 130 over 80 mmHg.
• Acute causes of high blood pressure include stress, but it can happen on its own, or it can result from an underlying condition, such as kidney disease.
• Unmanaged hypertension can lead to a heart attack, stroke, and other problems.
• Lifestyle factors are the best way to address high blood pressure.
Symptoms of Hypertension:-
• Stress is a major factor that causes hypertension.
• There are other factors such as adverse lifestyle choices - smoking, drinking and doing drugs.
• If you do not exercise enough and are overweight, you could be a candidate for hypertension.
Yoga asanas for hypertension:-
1. Shishuasana (Child Pose) Relieves stress and fatigue. It also normalizes blood circulation.
2. Vajrasana (Diamond Pose) This pose can be done even after lunch or dinner. It helps to control obesity and increases blood flow to the lower abdomen.
3. Paschimottanasana (Forward Bend Pose) Helps reduce fatty deposits in the abdominal region, thus enabling weight loss. It also acts as an effective stress reliever and normalizes high blood pressure.
4. Shavasana (Corpse Pose) Relieves stress, depression and fatigue. It helps the body relax and prepare for sound sleep. It also stimulates blood circulation.
5. Sukhasana (Easy Pose) This meditative pose calms and unites the body and mind. It helps reduce high blood pressure or hypertension, as it makes your body more balanced and your mind free and joyful.
6. Ardha Matsyendrasana (Sitting Half Spinal Twist) stimulates the heart and nervous system, helping to normalize high blood pressure.
7. Baddhakonasana (Bound Angle Pose) stimulates the heart and leads to better circulation of blood all over the body. It also relieves stress and weariness.
8. Janusirsasana (One-legged Forward Bend) Works effectively on your tummy fat by massaging your abdominal organs. By effecting weight loss, it helps regulate the pressure of the blood so that it stays at a normal level.
9. Virasana (Hero Pose) Increases blood circulation around the legs and helps in regulating blood pressure.
10. Setu Bandhasana (Supported Bridge Pose) energizes the kidneys and soothes the nervous system. It helps to regulate the blood pressure in the body.
Ardha Halasana (Half Plough Pose) Helps burn fat in the thighs, abdomen, and hips. Helps control high blood pressure.
What food to eat while suffering from hypertension:-
2. Leafy greens
4. Red beet Root
6. Garlic and herbs
7. Dark chocolate
9. Olive oil
So these are the food to eat and yoga asanas to do while suffering from hypertension.