Yoga For Sciatica
What is Sciatica?
Sciatica is one type of pain that comes from Sciatica Nerve. It is felt from the low back to behind the thigh and then goes down below the knee. Treatments for sciatica depend on the severity of the pain.
Symptoms of Sciatica:-
• Sciatica causes pain, a burning sensation, numbness, or tingling radiating from the lower back and upper buttock down the end of the thigh to the end of the leg.
• Sometimes the pain radiates around the hip or buttock to feel like hip pain.
• While sciatica often associated with lower back pain (lumbago), it can be present without low back pain.
• Severe sciatica can also make walking difficult if not impossible.
• Sometimes the symptoms of sciatica are aggravated by walking or bending at the waist and relieved by lying down.
Statistics of Sciatica:-
• Approximately 90% cases of sciatica will resolve with conservative treatment, of which most gradually settle within 12 weeks.
• Sciatica has been reported to occur in 1 to 10% of the population, most commonly in people age 25 to 45 years
Yoga For Sciatica Pain Relief:-
1. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) :-
• Bhujangasana is a yoga-based treatment for “gridhrasi,” as sciatica referred to in Ayurvedic medicine
• The cobra pose also known as Bhujangasana which helps to strengthen the muscles of the back and improve spinal flexibility. The asana can also bring pain relief.
2. Apanasana (Knees-To-Chest Pose):-
• Apanasana is among the recommended poses for soothing sciatica-related pain and numbness.
• A yoga pose designed to ease the lower back pain, the apanasana can help warm up your lower back.
• The focus and gentle breathing combined with the attention on the lower back can calm the mind and body.
3. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose):-
• An energizing pose, this asana can help stretch the body and calm the mind as it strengthens the legs.
• It can also relieve back pain associated with your sciatica.
4. Shalabhasana (Locust Or Grasshopper Pose):-
• The grasshopper pose also known asShalabhasana which helps to improve the circulation to muscles in the hip area and strengthens the muscles of the lower back.
What are the foods to eat while suffering from Sciatica Pain:-
• Dairy Products
• Whole Grain
So these are the foods to eat and yoga asanas to do while suffering from Sciatica.