Yoga for Muscle Pain
What is Muscle Pain?
Muscle Pain, or myalgia, is widespread. Almost every person has experienced discomfort in their muscles at some point.
Some common causes of Muscle Pain which include are:-
• Muscle Pain in one or more areas of the body.
• Overused of the muscle during physical activity.
• Injuring the muscle while engaging in physically demanding work or exercise
Statistics of Muscle Pain:-
• In fact, 31 million Americans experience muscle pain at any given time.
• Low back or muscle pain is the single leading cause of disability worldwide, according to the Global Burden of Disease 2010.
• Back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed work. In fact, back pain is the second most common reason for visits to the doctor’s office, outnumbered only by upper-respiratory infections.
• One-half of all working Americans admit to having back pain symptoms each year.
• Experts estimate that as much as 80% of the population will experience a back problem at some time in their lives.
• Most cases of back pain are mechanical or non-organic—meaning they are not caused by severe conditions, such as inflammatory arthritis, infection, fracture or cancer.
• Americans spend at least $50 billion each year on back pain—and that’s just for the more easily identified costs.
Yoga For Muscle Pain:-
1. The Zen Posture:-
• This is one easy-to-practice yoga posture that not only helps you cope with leg muscle pain but makes your spine stronger as well.
2. Shoulder Stand Posture:-
• This yoga posture relieves leg muscle cramps, and at the same time, soothes other muscles in the human body.
3. The Corpse Pose:-
• This pose practised by nearly all yoga practitioners and people from all age groups can try this. It is quite simple.
4. The Sphinx Pose:-
• This is one yoga pose that works on your back and helps ease tension in the leg muscles to a great extent.
5. Legs Up The Wall:-
• This is one easy-to-do pose in yoga for muscle pain relief, especially when your leg muscles feel sore after a tiring day’s work. You may try it either on the floor with a yoga mat or the bed.
What Food to eat in Muscle Pain?
• Leafy Green
• Drink Water
So these are the food to eat and yoga asanas to do while suffering from Muscle Pain.