Yoga For Bronchitis
What is Bronchitis?
Bronchitis is an inflammation or swelling of the bronchial tubes (bronchi), the air passages between the mouth and nose and the lungs.
Symptoms of bronchitis:-
• A persistent cough, which may produce mucus
• Low fever and chills
• Chest tightening
• A sore throat
• Body aches
• Blocked nose and sinuses
Statistics of Bronchitis:-
Like China, India also contributes a significant and growing percentage of Bronchitis mortality estimated to be amongst the highest in the world; i.e. more than 64.7 estimated age-standardised death rate per 100,000 amongst both sexes. Source:- WHO
Yoga For Bronchitis:-
1. Sukhasana (Easy Pose):-
• Sukhasana or the Easy Pose is a meditative pose that can be readily practised by people of all ages.
• It is a beginner level Vinyasa yoga asana.
• Do it in the morning and not necessarily on an empty stomach if you are not following it up with other asanas.
• Sit in the pose for as long as you like.
2. Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half-Spinal Twist):-
• Ardha Matsyendrasana or the Half-Spinal Twist is a seated spinal twist asana that named after a sage called Matsyendranath.
• It is a beginner level Hatha yoga asana.
• Practice the pose in the morning on an empty stomach and hold it for at least 30 to 60 seconds.
3. Simhasana (Lion Pose):-
• Simhasana or the Lion Pose is an asana that resembles the stance and roar of a lion.
• Simha means lion, and hence the asana is named Simhasana.
• It is one of the beginner level of Hatha yoga asana.
• Practice the pose in the morning on an empty stomach and hold it for at least 30 seconds.
4. Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend):-
• Uttanasana also was known as Standing Forward Bend in this asana that requires you to place your head below your heart.
• It is a basic level of Hatha yoga asana.
• Practice this asana in the morning or evening on an empty stomach and clean bowels.
5. Ardha Pincha Mayurasana (Dolphin Pose):-
• Ardha Pincha Mayurasana also known as Dolphin Pose is an asana that looks like an inverted ‘V.’
• It is a mild inversion as well as a standing pose.
• It is one of the beginner levels of Ashtanga yoga asana.
• Practice this asana in the morning on an empty stomach and hold the pose for 30 to 60 seconds.
What food to eat while suffering from Bronchitis:-
• Eat at plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
• You can also eat meats low in fat, chicken, fish, and low-fat or non-fat dairy
So these are the food to eat and yoga asanas to do while suffering from Bronchitis.