Yoga For Menstrual Disorders
What are Menstrual Disorders?
Menstrual disorders are one type of emotional or disruptive physical symptoms just during or before menstruation including missed periods, heavy bleeding and mood swings. Some women get through periods easily like clockwork starting and stopping at a nearly same time every month causing a minor inconvenience.
However, some women have to experience emotional or physical symptoms during menstruation. If you see such type of signs of the menstrual disorder, then you must consult with your doctor to choose the best treatment possible.
Types of Menstrual Disorders
• Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
• Anovulatory bleeding (absent and irregular periods)
• Ovulatory bleeding (prolonged periods)
• Dysmenorrhea (menstrual pain)
Causes of menstrual disorder
• Uncontrolled diabetes
• Eating disorders
• Antipsychotics medications
• Polyps or uterine fibroids
• Advanced liver diseases
• Bleeding complications
• Heavy menstrual flow
• Never given birth
• Chlorine uterine infection
Symptoms of Menstrual Disorder:-
• Menstrual cramps
• Breast tenderness
• Mood swings
• Unusual anger
• A headache
Statistics of Menstrual Disorder:-
• The most common menstrual disorders were the irregular frequency of menstruation (80.7%), premenstrual syndrome (54.0%), irregular duration of menstruation (43.8%), dysmenorrhea (38.1%), polymenorrhoea (37.5%) and oligomenorrhoea (19.3%)
Yoga For Menstrual Disorders:-
1. Vajrasana (Diamond Pose) :-
• Vajrasana yoga pose is beneficial to cure digestion problems and acidity.
• It strengthens the pelvic region and cures urinary problems as well as irregular periods.
2. Yoga Deep Breathing exercises:-
• Practising seven pranayamas (breathing exercises) regularly releases stress, tension, depression, and anxiety which cause menstrual disorder like irregular periods and PCOS.
• These seven pranayamas calm the minds, body, and soul.
• It boosts your immune system and keeps you away from all diseases.
• It improves the function of heart, liver, kidneys, brain and abdomen area.
• Baddhakonsana is one of the best yoga exercises for irregular periods.
• It is beneficial pose to stimulate your abdominal organs as well as your reproductive system in men and women.
• Regular practice of baddhakonasana for one month cures PCOS naturally and regulate irregular periods effectively.
• Beneficial for pregnant women to ease childbirth.
• Releases stress, fatigue and anxiety
4. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose):-
• Stimulates and improves the function of reproductive organs.
• Relieve constipation and cure stomach disorder.
• Suitable for a diabetes patient to stimulate the pancreas to produce enough insulin hormone.
• It is a useful exercise to reduce belly fat.
What Food to eat if you are suffering from Menstrual Disorder?
• Green Leafy vegetables
So these are the food to eat and yoga asanas to do while suffering from menstrual disorders.