Yoga for Dengue Fever
What is Dengue?
Dengue fever is a disease caused by the viruses that are transmitted by mosquitoes.
Symptoms of Dengue Fever:-
• Severe joint and muscle pain,
• Swollen lymph nodes
• A headache,
Statistics of Dengue:-
• The incidence of dengue has grown dramatically around the world in recent decades.
• Over 2.5 billion people – over 40% of the world's population – are now at risk from dengue.
• WHO currently estimates there may be 50–100 million dengue infections worldwide every year.
Source: - WHO
Yoga for Dengue Fever:-
1. Nadi Shodhan Pranayam:-
• This yoga posture helps in relaxing the nervous system, which will help you bring down the dengue fever to normal.
• With this simple breathing exercise, you can clean your respiratory system.
• This posture can be highly beneficial in curing headache.
2. Anulom Vilom Pranayama:-
• This yoga posture can increase energy in your body and purify the system.
• Practising this posture can stimulate the inner mucosal lining relieving cold, which is a symptom of fever.
3. Kapalbhati Pranayama;-
• The inhalations and exhalations of pranayama can help you to clear nasal passages.
• This type of breathing technique can release 80 per cent of toxins from your body when you exhale.
• It will help in drain infected viruses from your body and your nasal passage.
• It can also improve blood circulation and energy levels.
5. Matsyasana or Fish Pose:-
• This pose will let you extend your chest and lungs which helps in increasing your breathing capacity.
• It will also beneficial for your body ache and fatigue caused by dengue fever.
• You may also combat stress with this posture.
What food to eat while you are suffering from dengue fever?
• Avoid Oily food
• Tea with Ginger
So these are the food to eat and yoga asanas to do while suffering from dengue fever.