Yoga for Fatty Liver
What is Fatty Liver?
Fatty liver, or hepatic steatosis, is a term that describes the buildup of fat in the liver. It’s normal to have some fat in your liver, but sometimes it can become a health problem.
The liver is one of the second largest organs in the body. Its main function is to process what we eat or drink and filter any toxic substances from the blood. This process is interrupted if too much fat is in the liver. In Fatty liver comprises more than 5 to 10 per cent of your liver’s weight.
Symptoms of fatty liver are:-
• A poor eating appetite
• Weight loss
• Abdominal pain
• Physical weakness in the body
Causes of fatty liver:-
• Hyperlipidemia, or high levels of fats in the blood
• Genetic inheritance in the family
• Rapid weight loss in the body
• Some side effect of certain medications
What are the types of fatty liver?
• Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
• Alcoholic fatty liver
Statistics of Fatty Liver:-
• According to WHO, about 46% of global diseases and 59% of the mortality is because of chronic diseases
• More than 35 million people in the world die of chronic diseases.
• Liver disease rates are steadily increasing over the years.
Yoga For Fatty Liver:-
1. Kapalbhati Pranayama:-
• Pranayama is a breathing exercise that is known for boosting the liver health of those who suffer from liver cirrhosis, jaundice, hepatitis, fatty liver and other diseases.
• Kapalbhati Pranayama, also known as the Yoga Skull Shining Breathing Exercise, is a yoga exercise that aids in liver stimulation and treats a variety of liver problems effectively.
• It also helps in the functionality of the spleen.
2. Ardha Matsyendrasana:-
• This is a pose that is also known as the King of the Fish Pose. It is known to be highly beneficial for the liver.
• It helps in putting pressure on the liver, which in turn strengthens and stimulates the liver that is damaged by fibrosis, apoptosis, inflammation and stress.
• This is also known as the Bow Pose.
• This is an asana that works wonders for people who suffer from the fatty liver disease.
• It stimulates, strengthens and stretches the liver, and the fat deposits in it are used up as an energy source for the body.
• This pose is also known as the Cow Face Pose. It is one of the best asanas for the treatment of cirrhosis.
• When you suffer from liver cirrhosis, oxygenation and blood flow are prevented by scar tissues.
• Your liver becomes unable to remove toxins and pathogenic bacteria and metabolize fats.
• By practising this asana, your liver gets stimulated, thereby ensuring that oxygen and blood flow freely through it.
What food to eat if you are suffering from Fatty liver?
• Coffee to lower abnormal liver enzymes.
• Green Vegetables to prevent fat buildup.
• Tofu to reduce fat buildup.
• Fish for inflammation and fat levels
• Oatmeal for energy
• Walnuts to improve the liver
• Avocado to help protect the liver
• Milk and another low-fat dairy to protect from damage
• Sunflower seeds for antioxidants
• Olive oil for weight control
• Garlic to help reduce body weight.
• Green tea for less fat absorption.
So these are the food to eat and yoga asanas to do if you are suffering from the Fatty liver.