Yoga for Constipation
What is Constipation?
Constipation is one type of condition of the digestive system where an individual has faced which are difficult to explain. The slower the food transfer through the digestive tract, the more water the colon will absorb from it. Consequently, the faeces become dry and hard.
When this happens, emptying the bowels can become very painful.
This article will cover the leading causes of constipation and how it can be treated and prevented.
Symptoms of constipation:-
• Stomach ache
• Stomach cramps
• Feeling bloated and nauseous
• Losing appetite
Statistics of Constipation:-
• Constipation is a common complaint in any population. About 20% of people in the USA suffer from constipation.
• One population-based study from India in only 505 people found the prevalence of constipation by the Rome II criteria to be 16.8% and self-reported constipation to be 24.8% in the last one year.
Yoga Poses for Constipation:-
1. Kapalbhati Pranayam:-
• Kapalabhati pranayama is a well-known breathing exercise to improve your digestive system.
• Regular practice of Kapalbhati will cure your stomach disorder, acidity and reduce your belly fat.
• Vajrasana is the simple yoga exercise which can be practiced after lunch or dinner by Just sitting on the ground as shown in image for 15 – 20 minutes.
• It is also known as diamond poses.
• Vajrasana is one of the best yoga asanas for constipation and indigestion which can be done immediately after having your meal.
• Useful for curing acidity and indigestion.
3. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose):-
• Dhanurasana Bow Pose strengthens entire abdominal organs.
• It strengthens ankles, thighs, groins, chest and abdominal organs and spinal cord.
• Those suffering from digestion problems should practice Dhanurasana for 3-4 minutes.
4. Suryanamaskar (Sun Salutation):-
• Suryanamaskar (Sun salutation) consists of 12 different poses which give the whole exercise for the entire body.
• Suryanamaskar also improves the digestive system and cures constipation
5. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose):-
• Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) is useful and beneficial for improving the function of digestion.
• This yoga pose strengthens the abdominal muscles, clean digestive tract and cures constipation and indigestion problems naturally.
6. Halasana (Plough Pose);-
• Halasana is known as Plough pose which helps to strengthens the back muscles.
• It cures indigestion and constipation as well as reduces stress.
• It also stimulates the abdominal organs and digestion problems.
7. Pavanamuktasana (Wind Removing Pose):-
• Pavanamuktasana is effective in removing gases from the stomach and improving the digestive system.
• It is one of the best yoga poses for constipation and indigestion which increases your bowel movement.
• It strengthens the abdominal organs, cures acidity, ease digestion problems and reduces fat.
What Food to eat if you are suffering from Constipation?
• Dried Fruits
So these are the food to eat and yoga asanas to do while suffering from Constipation.