Yoga for Sinus
What is Sinus?
Sinus is an inflammation of the tissue lining the sinuses. Healthy sinuses filled with air. But when they become blocked and filled with fluid, germs can grow and cause an infection.
Conditions that can cause sinus blockage to include:-
• The common cold.
• Allergic rhinitis in the nasal
• Small growth in the lining around the nose
Symptoms of Sinus:-
• Facial pain or pressure
• "Stuffed-up" nose
• A runny nose
• Loss of smell
• A cough or congestion
• Bad breath
• Dental pain
Statistics of Sinus:-
• Approximately 0.5% of all upper respiratory tract infections are complicated by sinus.
• The incidence of acute sinusitis ranges from 15 to 40 episodes per 1000 patients per year, depending on the setting.
• It is more common in adults than it is in children, whose sinuses not fully developed.
Yoga For Sinus:-
1. Gomukhasana (Cow Face Pose):-
• Gomukhasana reduces stress and anxiety.
• It stretches the chest muscles aiding flexibility in the air passage region.
• The pose boosts in relaxation when you are worried or tired.
2. Janu Sirsasana (Head To Knee Pose):-
• Janu Sirsasana helps to calm your mind and also gives a good stretch to your shoulders.
• The pose is beneficial for headaches and fatigue.
3. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose):-
• The Cobra Pose helps to gives your lungs a good stretch across the nose.
• It works best for stress release mechanism.
• This is the best yoga poses for sinus relief as it opens up your lungs and makes breathing easier.
4. Ustrasana (Camel pose):-
• Ustrasana is excellent for your overall health and well-being.
• It improves your respiration and stretches your throat and chest.
• The pose stretches and opens up your entire frontal region.
What Food to eat if you are suffering from Sinus?
• Spicy Foods
• Vitamin E
• Herbal Teas
• Leafy green veggies
• Grapefruits, oranges, lemon
• Coconut oil
• Turmeric /Ginger Root
• Apple cider vinegar
• Steam Inhalation
So these are the foods to eat and yoga asanas to so if you are suffering from Sinus.