Yoga for Gallstones Pain
What is Gallstones Pain?
Gallstones are small, solid pieces that found in the gallbladder. In fact, the gallbladder helps to store the bile secreted by the liver. It promotes the digestion and absorption of minerals and fats. However, if the composition of the bile is disturbed, it can lead to inflammation that impairs the mucosa of the bladder leading to the formation of gallstones.
Some of the typical symptoms of gallstones are pain that radiates to the upper abdomen, nausea, clay-coloured stool, dizziness, anaemia, and pale skin.
Statistics of Gallstones:-
• In the most developed countries, more than 85% of gallstones are cholesterol stones.
• About 80% of gallstones are cholesterol gallstones.
• Gallstones are more common in women as compare to older people and overweight people.
• Birth control, hormone therapy or pregnancy can increase a woman's risk of gallstones.
• The vast majority about 80% of patients do not experience symptoms of gallstones.
• Northern India has one of the highest reported incidence of gallbladder cancer (GBC) in the World.
• Gall Bladder Cancer is two times higher in women than men and is the leading digestive cancer in women in northern Indian cities.
Yoga For Gall Stone
1. Shoulder Pad (Sarvangasana)
• Sarvangasana or shoulder booth is an active yoga pose for curing gallstones.
• It improves the functioning of the gallbladder significantly and helps you get rid of gallstones.
2. Locust Pose (Shalabhasana):-
• Locust Pose or Shalabhasana is another yoga pose that helps you to treat gallstones substantially.
• This exercise improves blood circulation.
• It activates the small, large intestine, and enzyme secreting glands and improves the functioning of your gallbladder.
• Dhanurasana is another best yoga posture beneficial for gallbladder pain.
• This yoga pose strengthens your back and abdomen muscles.
• Bhujangasana helps you to stretch and strengthen your abdomen, spine and back to help you get relief from the pain caused by gallstones.
What food to eat if you are suffering from Gallstones Pain?
• Bell peppers
• Citrus fruits
• Dark, leafy greens
• Low-fat dairy
So these are the food to eat and yoga asanas to do if you are suffering from gallstones pain.